PROJECT ASSISTANT (INTERNSHIP)
The Koppel Project is looking for a curious and dynamic individual to join our small and dedicated team of curator, studio manager and events coordinator. This is a very exciting time to get on board with us as we launch major events and plan the future exhibition programme. The successful candidate will get to follow the entire process of running a conceptual store in central London.
WHO WE ARE
The Koppel Project is a cultural centre focusing on international and local artists whose work has an emphasis on social engagement. Our mission is to build a community that promotes intercultural exchanges across a range of disciplines.
Conceived as a hub for creativity and innovation, The Koppel Project brings together a contemporary art gallery, an arts bookshop as well as a co-working space, pop-ups and a direct trade café.
PURPOSE OF ROLE
The role of Project Assistant is split into 4 main areas: events, community management, gallery assistance and administration.
- Participate to the organisation of events including liaising with guests and speakers, and inviting targeted organisations to our events.
- Contribute to research and writing promotional materials for The Koppel Project related events such as press releases.
- Help manage the Koppel Project calendar and update future events.
- Assist with the installation, and de-installation of exhibitions.
- Welcome visitors in the gallery and provide knowledge about the artworks on display.
- Insure the conservation of artworks and their storage.
Social Media support
- Help promote the Koppel Project on a daily basis through social media platforms and the website.
- Assist with increasing the visibility of the Koppel Project to local businesses and London press in general.
- Help with condition reports of artworks coming in and out of the gallery.
- Assist the Manager with monthly sales report for the Arts Bookshop.
- Knowledge of contemporary art
- Be able to talk about art and understand the concepts of projects
- Strong administrative and organisational skills
- Excellent research skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience with social media and WordPress
- A flexible approach to work and the ability to learn quickly
Reports to: Alexandra Hincapie, Manager and Events Coordinator
Location: The Koppel Project, 93 Baker Street, London W1U 6RL
2-4 days per week
Monday to Friday 10am – 6pm
Lunch and travel expenses covered
Send a cover letter and resume at Alexandra@thekoppelproject.com and explain why you would be suitable for this position and how you meet the criteria stated in the job description.