GALLERY ASSISTANT (INTERNSHIP)
The Koppel Project Hive is looking for a curious and dynamic individual to join our small and dedicated team of curator, studio manager, and program coordinator. This is a very exciting opportunity to get on board with us as we launch major events and plan the future exhibition programme. The successful candidate will get to follow the entire process of running an exhibition and managing a vibrant project space in central London.
WHO WE ARE
The Koppel Project is a cultural centre focusing on international and local artists whose work has an emphasis on social engagement. Our mission is to build a community that promotes intercultural exchanges across a range of disciplines.
Conceived as a hub for creativity and innovation, The Koppel Project Hive brings together multi-disciplinary project spaces and artists studios.
You will start working at a very exciting and busy time and get to follow the entire process of running a contemporary art gallery.
PURPOSE OF ROLE
The role of Gallery Assistant is split into 3 main areas: exhibitions, communication, and administrative support.
- Assist with the organisation, curation, installation, and de-installation of exhibitions
- Invigilate exhibitions, welcome visitors, and provide knowledge about the artworks
- Contribute to research and writing of promotional materials for exhibitions and related events such as press releases, catalogues, content for the website and social media etc.
- Assist with increasing visibility with local businesses and London press
- Condition reports of artwork coming in and out of the gallery
- Creating mailing and wall labels, exhibition maps, etc
Knowledge of contemporary art
Be able to talk about art and understand the concepts of projects
Strong administrative and organisational skills
Excellent research skills
Excellent written and oral communication skills
Experience with social media and WordPress
A flexible approach to work and the ability to learn quickly
Reports to: Rebecca Marcus-Monks, Gallery and Studio Director
Location: The Koppel Project Hive, 26 Holborn Viaduct, London EC1A 2AT
2-4 days per week
Monday to Friday 10am – 6pm
Lunch and travel expenses covered
Send a cover letter and resume at firstname.lastname@example.org and explain why you would be suitable for this position and how you meet the criteria stated in the job description.